View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 05:06 AM

Mein Auto: 1989 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cef5917
Your looking at the heat shield in the middle that covers the drive shaft. The tank is like a saddle that sits over the drive shaft. The one's on 87's have a transfer line between the two tanks on the bottom portion of the tank. I couldn't see it until I dropped the exhaust and heat shield. If your directly under the car in the middle. You can see the left and right sides of the tank. When I first started working on it I was confused as to what the actual tank looked like. I went out to some of the parts places and they had pictures of new tanks. They don't show the transfer line either on top or bottom but you can get a good idea of how it sits and what it looks like for a reference. I've been looking for a parts CD. Bentley is good but I've come to notice they leave certain things out and I'm a picture person for reference.
Again good luck and I'm sure the 3/4 full will last a long time, it did for us.
I recognized the heat shield, but I was wondering if they would really bolt the fuel filter bracket through the tank itself, as it appears they've done, as opposed to bolting it to some non-liquid-holding outer shield. I tried finding a picture of the tank as well on some on-line parts stores but with no luck.
Agree about Bentley; good but with some noticable gaps. Agree about the pictures. A bunch more would be very helpful.
Happy motoring.