View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: '89 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cef5917
If your tank is like my 1987 325. There are three metal connections that sometimes get rusted as mine did. Had the same problems with fuel smell and it turned out I had a small pin hole in the center return line. I couldn't see it and as you said Bently was no help with the fuel tank. I had to pull it out. I could have replaced it with a fuel line by feeding it over the tank and saved myself a lot of work. But the other ones are going bad so it was time to replace the tank. I'm curious as to what your mechanic finds with your fuel tank and what he recommends to fix it. A new tank runs anywhere from $282.00 to $377.00 not inculding shipping. I found several in junk yards from $120.00 including shipping to Michigan to $165.00 not including shipping. It will be worth it and once you get all the bugs worked out you can get another couple hundred thousand out it. We have over 217,000 and going strong.

Good Luck
Try staring the motor. Jack up your car or rack it. Look underneath, start looking and smelling.