View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 AM

Mein Auto: M3 SMG Convertible
Thank you!!!

I may have been exaggerating the wear...I only have 8,000 miles on the car so I know I could get at least another 2 to 3 thousand miles from the rears and even more from the fronts.

I am certainly aware of the OEM recommendations 33 F & 35 R but I am also aware that whatever they are recommending is based on a pressure that is a balance between grip and comfort for people that use the car as a daily driver.

However, based on the fact that I am NOT interested in comfort and strictly use the car for aggressive driving under the conditions I mentioned above, and NOT as a daily driver...I was really interested in what pressure would give me the best grip with the stock suspension, tires and wheels.

I guess even more specifically, I currently run 36 F & 38 R and have heard that if I were to run 38 or even 40 all around it would improve the cornering and reduce the under-steer further?

I was also told that the tires are directional and should NOT be switched from side to side, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure the sidewall has an arrow identifying the direction the tires should be rotating? And even if I could rotate them I don't see any benefit since the wear on all 4 has been EXTREMELY even and consistent.
Tit Silver/Blk Top/Gray Leather/Alum Trim
19's, Heated Seats, Xenons, HK Prem Sound

Last edited by m3fest; 04-27-2005 at 02:05 AM.