View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Wanna go for a ride?

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 3.0i
BOL & The Other Tom - Thanks for the answers!

I missed your posts, because I had to get on the road Friday afternoon. Reading them now, you are perfectly correct. The code that I got (BTW, I'm the 3rd owner and the manuals got lost along the way) was incorrect. I ended up driving 6 hours without any tunes Saturday morning I called another BMW dealership and was helped immensely by the tech, over the phone. I explained what had happened, and that I had a code for an Alpine radio that didn't work. He said he'd get me any other codes that might work with the SN from the radio. He said that the only other brand available on my car would be a Blaupunt, and gave me the code for that. Once entered, wait about 5 nervous seconds and VOILA!!! Sweet music was filling the car. I had no idea there were 2 different brands of radio, and what really strikes me as strange, is that they share serial numbers. One would think that the serial number would be brand specific.

I really can't thank you guys enough. Once again this board has come thru with the correct and timely information.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS. I owe this board and will continue to monitor it answering any questions that I can.