View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Certified Organic Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreak!
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP & 2005 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTimeOff
First off, if anyone is interested in how this poll came to be, and the history and discussion behind this poll, check out the Bimmerfest M6 site for all of the fun and excitement!?

I am sort of surprised that Speed would even bother with this. Clearly this poll will not achieve anything except that we're all having a little fun doing it. Remember how this started. I was intrigued by several posts wanting a manual in the M6 here in the U.S. and my stance was that I would rather have an automatic offered in the new M6 over a manual offering or at least in addition to it. My thinking was that a steptronic actually befits this luxury GT cruiser better than a manual. I also went on to say that I felt that there is a silent majority (not represented on this site, by definition) that might want it as well. This poll, while fun, does not, and can not reach the pool of potential buyers that I am referring to. I think most of us can understand that.

When this poll is completed it will be very much in favor of a manual or SMG. Let's face it, this is a group of BMW lovers, old timers, traditionists, etc. who are steeped in the BMW lore and traditions (a good thing, I learned a lot on this site), and they clearly see no need for a Step in the New M6.

So, Speed, thanks for trying. If you feel the (predictable) results of this poll support the position that a Steptronic is absolutely not wanted, by ALL potential M6 buyers, as an optional transmission offering on the new M6, more power to ya my friend.

Max

In case anyone is wondering, the single vote for the Steptronic (at this time) was me.... for ****z and giggles, I voted
Nah, Max... I did the poll 'cause I like ya and was curious to see what would happen.... even though I think your crazy . Of course I say that with all the love, man... I thought the issue was a good one.
I do believe, however, that you are wrong regarding the unusual bias of people on this sight. Of all the BMW sights... bimmerfest is the truest representation of most BMW people I know across the board. I deal with all types of BMW buyers in day to day life selling them... and have read for years the post and positions on this board. They seem like a really great match to me. Of course... people would need to vote and with only a fraction of the members voting... your right about one thing... the poll is just for fun, and who knows how accurate it really is. I said this on the other thread... In the 2 years I have been dealing with people who want the M6... you are the first to ask for an auto. But dude, that's cool. I still like ya and I still think your crazy... at the same time... I respect both you and your opinion.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!