View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M6, X6M, Boxster S
"Merc makes the very capable SL[500|600|55AMG|65AMG] (with slushbox _only_) for the lazy types with $90 large burning holes in their pockets. BMW makes the 645ci for those same folks."

This sort of response always fascinates me, and is sadly typically when it comes to auto forums. Heck, I even got the same flavor of response from a board moderator who's primary job should be to see that rules are followed and to foster and promote open discussion.

Why is that when someone prefers something different they are "lazy" or are referred to in some other derogatory tone, like maybe I should buy a Vette (now that's hitting below the belt )?

The fact is, maybe someone wants the power/handling/prestige of the M6 but works 12 hours a day and on occasion wants to take the M6 to work and maybe just doesn't feel like shifting in commute traffic! Yea yea I know, SMG in auto mode may fit the bill, but that's not the point here. It's not like you're required to have in your posession a flame retardant suite, Sparco gloves and shoes, and a helmut before you are allowed to buy an M6!

Last edited by MaxTimeOff; 05-27-2005 at 10:32 AM.