View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonridur
I have a BB7290 and and 05 Z4 and experienced the same problem. I upgraded my BB with new code from Blackberry and it solved the problem. It won't sink the phonelist with the car but it will allow phone calls to be made and received using the car audio / mic.

Yep! That did it. The phone now pairs and works. No phone book but thats fine. The voice recognition works great.

I do have two issues: when using the phone, i get an echo on my voice only. not the other person, just me. Also, once a call is connected, I can no longer adjust the volume on the handset. It goes to about 40% and is locked there. I have tried setting the phone to always use 100% but it reverts back to 40% when a call connects thru the car. I wonder if I could get the volume on the phone to be higher if I could avoid some of the echo by turning the volume down on the car???? I currently have the car volume way up during calls. The volume is ok there ( I can hear th caller fine) but it is way up.

Thansk for any help everyone. And thanks to Moon for getting me working at all.

JIM

PS- BMW says that the BB devices WILL NOT WORK AT ALL WITH BMW CARS. Hah! Funny.