View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3/X3
Navigation User Interface (was Voice Recognition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pps-325xit
... I find entering the destination via the knob cumbersome (i.e. something you cannot really do while driving).
BMW should put a physical button that you can press to input a new destination. I hate having to navigate thru menus to get to the most commonly used function! Bad user interface design in my book.

Also, don't you find it annoying that the address book doesn't store street #s! I wish they had a real address book where you could enter the name of a person or business, phone #, address, etc... then click to dial the person or navigate to their location.

It would also be nice if you didn't see the entire country when entering an address. It's not like I get up and say I want to drive to Montana today and Florida tomorrow. They should limit the cities to those within 100 mile radius of where you are unless you choose otherwise.