View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 M3; 1998 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacostad
Well my new Silver Gray M3 Coupe started production yesterday and is due to complete on 6/14. Interestingly the OC site still only says it's on order where as the 1-800 number gives me more accurate information.

What do you think will be a reasonable target date for it to be at the dealer (NY)?

As a way of passing time, I have been driving a Silver Gray M3 around Nurburgring on Grand Turismo 4 using a Logitech Driving Force Pro which has a SMG just like the real thing and excellent force feedback giving a good feel of the forces at work on the car (including road surface).

David

Can't offer any remedy for the wait. It is painful. Regarding the information on OC, it's a little slow. The 800 number is more accurate. As far as a timeline for your new ride, here's what I'm going through...

May 9th - M3 enters production
May 18th - production complete
May 20th - on the way to port of exit
May 26th - leaves Bremerhaven on the Pacific Breeze for Port Hueneme, CA (I'm in So. CA too)
June 20th - Pacific Breeze scheduled to dock in CA

From there, I've been told by my dealer that the car will be at the VPC a few days, then transported to the dealership. I can take delivery usually a few days after that. So my best guess is that I'll be picking up my new M about a week after it docks (around June 27th or 28th).

Being that your on the East Coast, transit time should be cut in half.

Try to enjoy the waiting game in the meantime!