Exactly. Here is a description of folks who should get SMG:
Originally Posted by TGray5
DO NOT BUY SMG PLANNING TO JUST USE THE AUTO MODE! You will not be a happy camper
* Seek peak performance and sportiness
* Enjoy doing their own shifting
* Enjoy the "cool factor" of SMG
* Occasionally gets stuck in rush-hour traffic or needs to use the phone
* Non-stick-trained driver may occasionally drive the car
* Did I mention, "enjoy doing their own shifting"?
BTW, putting it in sport mode makes the shifts smoother, but it still blows chunks compared to even the worst automatic transmission.
'00 540iA/Sport, Anthracite/Black - Euro Delivery in Spring 2000
'06 Honda S2000, Black/Black (my go-kart) - GONE
'03 Z4 3.0 6-speed/Sport, Sterling Gray/Black - GONE
'71 2002 Green/Black - GONE