View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 09:29 AM
BMW addict!

Mein Auto: 06 330i & 07 CLS 63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by equipto76
I haven't seen this posted here but it's something that I've found useful on a few ocassions. To completely reboot your car control computer (I-Drive, Navigation, Audio), hold down both eject buttons for the DVD and CD drives while pushing the radio power knob. This causes the system to reboot from scratch but doesn't lose any of your presets or stored information. When you turn the car off and back on again it doesn't completely reboot the system, at least not to this degree.

I've found this trick handy a couple times like when dealing with a bad CCC or when putting in a North American nav disk after removing a Euro disk or anytime the system starts behaving oddly. It's sort of like the CTRL-ALT-DEL salute for Wintel machines.

You can do this while driving by the way. Doesn't affect anything needed for the go-fast module. Ok everyone without I-Drive can pop in with how bad it is now.
Radio Power knob????

Do you mean the mute button that is integrated into the volume knob?
SP, PP, Xenon, 19", RCP, TiAg/Blk. Faultless.
Other German: 2007 M-B CLS 63 ///AMG Build: 09/06
P2, Elec. Trunk Closer, Distronic, Parktronic, Bluetooth adapter, Alcantara Anthracite Headliner, Chrome Door Handle Protectors, Wheel Locks, Iridium Silver/Blk Nappa