View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Can't tell what's wrong with your rims from that picture. In fact, they look in better condition than mine. I live in the city where in certain places roads are narrowl, and you need to park as close to a curb as possible, or risk getting side swiped. So my rims are a bit scuffed.

Anyways, good luck getting your car fixed.

If it's *any* consolation to you, I've had 6 flat tires and a cracked rim in 5 months since I got my BMW 645. Yeah, you read that correctly, that's about 5000 dollars worth of damage and much lost time and aggravation. The 6th one happened last night. I just a very long string of bad luck, and if in a year, I don't get a 2 month period where I don't get a flat, I think I'm gonna turn in my 6 and get a cheap ring-a-ding celica. Or possibly a steam roller, so I don't have to worry about broken glass!

The last one, I should have seen coming: A street cleaner was in front of me. And, you know, street cleaners just kick around dirt. What I think happened, is the cleaners brush kicked up broken glass on the side of the curb and onto the 'tire lane'. Hence the flat. The tech guy showed me where the glass was lodged in my tire.

So the thing to note here is, when a street cleaner is in front of you, stay away from the curb, or don't be in the 'curb-lane'. Or, just avoid that street, if you can.