View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kay
SmoothCruise,

Are all those flats with Run Flat tires. If so, are Run Flats more susceptible to glass puncture. I don't think I have ever had a puncture due to glass. Lucky?

Yes! They are all run flat tires, and I didn't know that they are more susceptible to glass puncture. However, I don't know exactly what caused the other flats. This is the first time that glass has punctured my tire, to my knowledge.

4 of the flats took place on highway-like roads. So it's possible that they could have been glass, but my wheel was spinning so fast, that the glass chip spun off. My last flat took place in the city at quite slow speeds. (I was behind a street cleaner.)

I don't know if you are lucky. I just think I'm unlucky. Hopefully the flats I've gotten are all the flats I'll get for my lifetime, just condensed into 5 months. Behavior wise, I don't see what I could be doing wrong, other than living in a city, where broken bottles is part of the cityscape. (Incidently, I've never gotten a flat in the countryside where I work. All have been in the city.) For 10 years I never got a flat, but then, I didn't have a car either.

$5k worth of damage is annoying. I would have love to taken that money and put it into a supercharger Actually, I like to invest my money, and this represents an even bigger chunk of money lost. My dealer also takes it's sweet time to fix my car. They don't usually have my tires in stock, so they have to order them. It takes to the end of next day to get my car back. So, that's about 2+ weeks without my car, and away from the office.