View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAOSINLA
First, the M3 is an SMG, while the Vette is a 6 spd. No mods on either. In my opinion, the Vette wins hands down in acceleration and handling. My 0-60's are always in the 4.2's. I was able to get a 4.194 once, but think consistent 4.1's won't be a problem accomplishing once I trade out the Goodyead SC RF's. In handling, I have a much higher entrance speed and better exit power while still feeling comfortable steering and g reaction. Mistakes are correctable, but with the M3 the limitations are very noticeable and mistakes aren't easily correctable. Also, I found that the M3 has a considerable climbing lag at 125+, while the C6 is consistent through 170+. The last 16+ are really the only time I've felt the CD, but feel it very early on with the M3. I love my M3, but I consider it a sports coupe, while I consider the C6 a sportscar. It's all a matter of what your looking for.

I once saw a guy driving on the street here in a pretty new M3. The street was heading off to end in what looks like a " T ". The guy tried to power slide and turn left, he ended up smashing directly into the barrier and wall. I was behind him in my VW R32. I could see that he had a very difficult time trying to correct . The guy came out really upset. The whole front end of the car was gone not to mention a good portion of the side. I know I could have taken that turn that he took with another 10-15 MPH on top of that easily in my R32. I felt sorry for him. Was a beautiful looking M3.