View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy
Why do you think it has ended here with cars like the Mustang GT500(450 HP est.) in the pipeline?
Ricer genre??

I think what I was mainly getting at is that domestic car makers are now shooting for more refinement and becoming of age...Whereas overseas have been there and are still keeping ahead of the GM/Ford..etc..More so, technology is advancing over time and you may notice that engine displacments have decreased since the 50-60's where the goats, chargers, mustangs, and camaros were battling the HP race..We have already seen 400+ hp production cars and trucks..And the HP has decreased, now their sales gimick is that this model has the most HP in it's class..From year to year, they(GM, Ford, Mopar) compete over small incriments of HP..Why not blow the competition out of the water...
I think in terms of sales...a better MPG number on a window sticker, will outweight any high output engine performance number...

Take an M3, you'll get it all.. refinement, good fuel economy for the performance, a usable rear seat, and just an all out fun car to drive...

fun factor= Corvette
smart buy factor= M3
But this comarison is two different class of car...