View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubi
I got the car in Jan 2005 which is X3 3.0i 2005 and I just the 1st oils change at 15510 Miles The dealer told me just drive the car until the display miles going down to 500 miles then call them for appoinment to bring the car in for free oils change.

I am not sure why did you have to change by yourself? Is it free oils change up untill 50000 miles ? I drove 15000 miles in 6 months.

Cubi
Because some us have two concerns:

1. We don't believe BMW's maintenance schedule claims are good for long-term vehicle life. Funny how before maintenance was included in the cost of the vehicle, on similar or identical hardware and similar or identical fluids BMW used to recommend much more frequent maintenance. For those of us planning long-term (>5 year) ownership spending a few hundred bucks extra on fluids is cheap insurance.

2. BMW dealers are notorious for terrible service, and the tales of damaged or abused cars occur all too often. I prefer to avoid dealers unless absolutely necessary. In one case, not BMW admittedly, I was out at lunch and saw my car at a resturant. The service writer was using it as personal transporation. Dinged doors, scratches, curbed wheels, crashes... and in almost every case I've either personally experienced or heard about BMW dealers are defiant when you try to resolve the issue.