View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriciU
I got a reply from them. The kit is still under development and will take 3 more months to test out then 1 month to build so 4 months. Maybe something else will pop up by then.
Definitely, wait. I've talked to a Hartge representative in North America, he told me that a German company will be making a SC for the 6er. I'll have to dig the letter up, but the name of the company was something like "MK Sports" or something like that.

Quote:
I'm not into something as big as changing the whole engine like RD does. Plus, the cost to that would probably allow me to upgrade to a M6 so i'd have to be crazy
It's a bit crazy, that's for sure. I'm sure you can shop around for much cheaper engines. I really believe you pay a premium for the name brand. You can also check out Korman BMW, once you've saved enough money.

Quote:
I don't know about the strocking part. Maybe you guys have many options for that type of thing over the pond because of all the Vette, stang guys doing it but here in the EU there's only Hamann and Hartge.
Stroking is also expensive, but it gets cheaper as your car gets older, from what I've noticed. I also noticed the older the car, the more likely you can by a stroker kit. My friend owns a tuning shop, and he also tells me this.

You also have other options in EU aside from Hamann, and Hartge. You should inquire about Breyton and Alpina.

Quote:
around 600hp going that route but IMO it would take too much money and it's too extreme for me at the moment (this is the first car with more then 115hp i have ever driven so 600 would really be overkill at the moment ).
Well my 6er is my first car. I've had to hold off on any mods. My tuner friend says I shouldn't even touch my car. Getting 6 flat tires also helps one appreciate warranties and reliability! I don't plan to tune my 6er, until the warranty expires, and my 6er looks like a beat up car.

Anyways, you now have about a 3x increase in HP. Why make it about 4.5x? I can tell even at 450HP, won't be enough for you. Hehehe.... that's good, 'more power to you.'