View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dwm Send a message via Yahoo to dwm
Mein Auto: 2002 M roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSPDiver
So, I had this thread printed out as I went out to the Roady this evening to check the bulbs. The ones on the passenger side are giving me issues: fan control light out (seemingly permanently) and oil temp light comes on with a frim "jiggle" from the heal of my palm a couple of times. Everything was going great until I tried to disconnect the head unit connector. I pulled the little guard thingy up, but it didn't want to come all the way up, judging by the channels on the side. Couldn't easily detach the cable connections with it like that, either. What am I doing wrong?
You're probably not doing anything wrong. It sounds like you see the nubs in the guide channels, and see that they're not to the end of the channels. i.e. you've figured it out, it just needs to go further. If it's the first time, it's snug and takes some effort. It'll seem easier an ingenious the next time you muck with it.

My head units have been in/out so many times that I've forgotten if there was any trick to relieving pressure the first few times. Maybe someone that's only done it once or twice can offer up a trick. Mine comes off pretty easily these days.