View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
The 650i manual mentions auto dimming headlights, but mine don't when put the switch in the ante clockwise position. Also, I can't seem to get my headlamps to track the turn. That's also in the manual.

There were a few more things in the manual that my car can't do but I'm getting senile and I forgot what they were (didn't write them down, but WTF I couldn't read my handwriting anyway), but I suspect the manual is written by someone from Germany who doesn't realize we don't have all the features they do. And who doesn't understand that the word "principle" means "rule" and the word "principal" means "primary." Dozens of mis-uses of the word made me want to chuck the manual, which is in my opinion piss poor.

The manual doesn't even tell you how to effectively turn the ignition to "position 2" with the fob/button combo. It comes in as an afterthought late in the manual.

Manuals for cheap Japanese electronics are better than the embarassing 650i manual. Will BMW change it? Of course not. They embrace it, incorrect words, mis-identified features and all. (Second year the word "principle" has been mis-used.) Thank God that I'm in this for the car and not the "extras."