View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 06:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 530i
Pixel Fix

Worldtraveler...I am by no means an expert, but my take is..... it sounds like your dealer is "full of beans". I would hope there is another dealer nearby. Either way, what I was advised to do was call BMW NA Customer relations (sorry....don't have the number right now, but I think it is noted somewhere in this thread). They are the ones that gave the authorization to swap. It only took them about 1 business day to get back to me and say they approved the swap and BMW will pay for parts and I only had to pay for labor, which turned out to be $98. One of the parts I can't speak to is regarding the number of times serviced and such. I bought mine used, and I didn't have a maint. history, but that also shows that his comments about original owner only, is proof about his "beans" status! All I can say is place the call the Customer Relations and see what they say. I did hear that they are using a "case by case" process, but don't know the criteria. If it helps, I spoke to a guy named "Guy", and again, I'm sure this didn't make a difference, but I used the "butter up" approach, saying how I was new to BMW, and how great I felt their product was, but was a little concerned with the pixels failing so soon on a 2002 model. Good luck!!