View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Orient Blue/Black 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by car_for_mom
And here's another "the owner's circle website is not accurate stories" (hmm...this must be number ??? )

bmwusa.com says that my car is 'scheduled for production 10/4/02'. At first I said, okay, cool - that means it'll be done mid-October.

Out of curiosity, I called the BMWNA 800 number on Friday (9/27), to be told by a very pleasant gentleman, "Oh, your car is waiting for transport - it's just waiting for the carrier to come and take it to the train that will take it to the ship. "It's done?!"" I said. The guy said, "It's for Crevier, right?" I said, yes. He then verified my last name - and, yes, my Baby Bimmer has been constructed (

I'd ordered the car 9/6 - I was amazed. So, his (I'm a girl, my Baby Bimmer is a 'he') name is 'Karl' should be here sometime in early November (Lord willing). He might get caught up in a labor dispute at the Ports of Lost Angeles, though!
You did good. My friend ordered 9/4, got a production date of 10/4, and was 151 on 9/27. So, you are ahead of the game, I think. Good for you. Maybe you will get delivery a bit sooner.