View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 07:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
That's lame that the dealer does not have software to program 2003 key/memory settings yet. Did dealer sound like it was just them, or all dealers?
No idea. Just offhand, I'd guess all dealers. These guys seem more attuned to the latest news than most other dealers. They even know about the 'clown nose activation' on non-alarm cars, and have been doing it to all customer's cars for a year now (unless the customer specifically declines).

I'm a little concerned about one thing, though. I thought the dealer was supposed to contact me when the car got to the VPC to let the VPC program the codes before it's delivered to the dealer. I had made a special point of emailing my salesman with my code requests the moment I knew my car was arriving at the VPC.

When I asked him about it, my salesman said that they have a little handheld device they hookup and do it right there at the dealership when the car arrives. Kind of sounds like they feel that getting the codes to the VPC is unnecessary since they can easily do the programming at the dealership. Well, this time, it was necessary to program the codes at the VPC since the damn dealership didn't have the updated '03 software.

If anyone else gets their '03 delivered in the near future and gets their codes programmed, either on the spot or before, I'd like to know about it.

Mine was the first '03 they had gotten in. I had seen another '03 coupe at another dealer the previous evening, but it didn't have the NAV and it was located in an unlit back row.

Honestly, you guys with NAV ordered in cars on the way will likely be the first source of information on that topic. I doubt any dealers will have cars in inventory with the new system, atleast not before the ordered cars with NAV are delivered.