Thread: 750i Bluetooth
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 750I
Code for bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf12
Just picked up a 750i yesterday and been trying to get the bluetooth to work but no luck. My phone recognizes the car and asks for a password tried 1234 and 0000 none worked. But the dealer said the car ususally recognizes the phone and asks for the password not the other way around. Tried it with a new razr and a treo no luck with either anyone have any tips? I was rather dissapointed they didnt get this set up for me, I only just bought an $80,000 car from them.
It did not work for you, because you did not try the correct password.

Your Bluetooth password is a 4 digit code, located on a sticker, on a pull out card, that is written in a bunch of different languages, in the little book pack, that came with your car.
Mine was something like 9004

First you use your Idrive and get to the blutooth area. Highlight PARING, but dont hit it yet.
Then go to your Motorola phone to the bluetooth section, make sure discoverable is off.
Then, add a headset/device like your normally would add a headset. Then quickly hit the idrive to start the paring.. you'll see a new headset BMWXXXX appear on your PHONE. Then enter the code from the above sheet on your phone. (phone detects car, your dealer is wrong. they need to read the manual)

Hope this helps. I synced bluetooth with my phone, and it works 10x better than my previous headset Motorola HS850 which I thought I would never replace.

Last edited by samolms; 12-24-2005 at 09:22 AM.