View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW745On19's
#1. Does it take longer for an Indivdual BMW M6 to be built than any other M6?
Yes. Individual typically adds about four weeks to the production time.
Quote:
#2. Does it cost more for the Individual colors, non-custom, than the standard M6 colors?
Yes - double, at least.
Quote:
#3. Do you guys think they look classy, elegant, sporty, retarded?
As others say, it doesn't matter! It's Individual (upper case I) to you - that's the whole idea. You can have midnight blue with ecru for a classy look, Ruby Black and piano wood for elegant, etc. etc. etc.
Quote:
#4. Can you have BMW custom mix colors, leathers for the car?
Yes - at even higher cost.
Quote:
#5. Will the fact that it is "Individual" add or reduce depreciation?
In the UK, the used market values Individual options at around zero. There is no second-hand premium for fancy colours and trims. In Australia and possibly Canada, you might get away with asking for a bit extra come trade-in time but no-one outside BMW understands Individual, and the whole point of Individual means that you can end up with bizarre colour combinations that might actually make it difficult to sell the car on. You have been warned, before you order Hot Pink metallic with Inca seats .
Quote:
#6. Have any of you ever owned or known someone who owned an Individual BMW, and what are your thoughts?
It's a car, with non-standard colours which may or may not resemble colours from the standard range. Only a BMW OCD type like me is going to appreciate that the colour is non-standard, and that the car isn't quite like all the others out there.