View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONET
I agree, as much as I wish it wasn't the truth. Because the way I see it, they are marketed to different people. All IMHO, but the M6 is a land yacht of a coupe, and I'd bet that more big people buy the 6ers than any other BMW coupe. I think plenty of people who buy M3s could probably afford the M6, they just prefer the M3 (be it for size or whatever). The M5 is the perfect sedan, if not a bit large. I bought my M3 because I'm single and don't need four doors. If I had kids I would want the M5, and if I gained a couple hundred pounds or added 6 inches to my height I'd probably be in the market for an M6.

The marketing department at BMW is like the one at Porsche, so my guess is that either they will dumb the car down so that it's outpaced by its more expensive siblings, or they'll just generate their own weaker performance numbers like they did with the S54 M Coupe/Roadster. Hopefully it's the latter.

The M3 should be 'just right' in size for a coupe (but the E92 looks like it's going to be too big). I don't see why they keep making it bigger... the E46 was too big as it was, and now it looks as though it will be growing once again. It would be awesome if they were actually going to make the M3 entirely different, but I would imagine that would be far too expensive to justify.

--SONET
You think the E46 is too big? How much larger is the E92 suppose to be?

I think the E46 is a tad on the small side. It felt cramped when I had mine. The 645 is a little more roomy on the inside. I guess it depends how you drive. Short drives the E46 is fine, but long road trips, more room is in order.