View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 BMW M3
Very interesting conclusion pinecone...You wouldn't happen to be a psychologist? J/K

I've finally been fortunate enough to drive a buddie's SMG...and now see all of the thought it takes to drive a manulmatic that has two pedals....

I've learned to not make the jerky movement way back when I owned a Jeep...where low range is hard to prevent the jerk...on top of that... probably isn't very good on the drive train...So I hadn't had a problem with the M...and the few times that I have done it..it was easy to counter by just feathering the clutch...so SMG, your only option is to lift...

My truck is this way when going over bumps...and it's an automatic..but has the DBW that's a bit touchy...I've found that if I rest my foot along side of the firewall/floorboard will help...I've done this is in the bimmer...but really was hard for the fact that mine is a 6spd and difficult to modulate clutch/throttle like that...but may help with the SMG

now my foot spends more time with my toe in the brake and heel on the gas..practicing heel /toe rev matched braking...I never realized how easy and fun it is during normal commutes....it's almost addicting