View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Estorilblau ///Member

Mein Auto: F30 328i M Sport EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchengdds
Thanks for the tips, starting to get use to it some more and enjoying SMG. I was freaked out at first and thought my new car was defective. You would think you spend that much on a car that they would have came up with a software to prevent this. Does anyone know if this happens on the SMG III of the other BMW models?
All models coming out for 2007+ being equipped will have SMG III, and the current M5 and M6 have it as well. It's a 7-speed and it's supposedly really smooth according to guy I used to work for who traded his E39 M5 for an E60 M5. The SMG III reduced alot of that jerking and clunkiness. The E90/93 M3 will have that system, as will the new Z4s. The SMG III is considered to be a major improvement over the I and II models.

As far as the jerkiness, you can always turn down the shift level and put it on A1, A2, S1, or S2 instead of on S6 or A5. That's the nice thing about SMG-you can adjust the shifting style to your preferences or mood. When I've driven M3s, I've varied it by how I feel.

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-20-2006 at 10:12 AM.