View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
///M forum moderator

Mein Auto: 88 E30 M3.2, 08 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_INHALE
1. How can I tell if the call has been to the dealership for the rod bearing recall? Can I call bmwUSA and give them the VIN to find this out? I am buying the car from a smaller luxo dealer that buys lease returns so I wouldnt believe them that has been fixed or checked out unless I see it on paper or hear it from someone at BMW. The add says "This car is under warranty up to 100K miles on the Engine" Does that mean the rod bearing recall has been already fixed?
They might do it. Take the VIN to your local dealer and ask them to print out a service history. They might do it. If not just ask if the rod bearing recall was done. They should at least tell you that.

Quote:
2. How does this warranty work? (sorry this is my first time buying a used car with a warrenty)
Anything in the driveline is covered with the 100k mile warranty. Bumper to bumper warranty is only 4 years or 50k miles.

Quote:
3. the remaining factory warranty, how can I find out about this? What does that cover? I am not sure with what BWW does with their warrenty program. Does this cover the every 15k mile check up?
See answer to number 2. 15k miles checkups are only covered for 3 years/36k miles unless somebody paid to extend it. If they did the seller would surely advertise it as such.

Quote:
4. Any way to check if and when the car has had the every 15k mile check up?
Ask for records of service. If they don't have don't assume anything.