View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 05:53 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 330 Convertible Sport
Yep Me Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingrove
hey Ryan i had EXACTLY the same problem. electrics went absolutely nuts and they have now put in a new BMW ipod adapter which i must say flat out sucks. goes dormant after you return to the car from turning it off in the middle of a track and AWFUL background noise / hiss.

Anyway i had to BEG an internet reseller to sell me an icelink in the first place as there was no reseller here in sydney and had my dealer fit it. worked for months fine then nutso! they say its a short in the ice link loom and they spend DAYS and DAYS on it. im lucky not to be hit with a bill for hundreds if not thousands of dollars to diagnose the problem.
jas

heres my thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116196

I've have also experienced this problem. Fortunately I managed to find these posts which i'm sure have saved me seeing as I had my car booked into BMW for an investigation. I ended up asking the Audio Shop to remove the item, their response to me was, "if i pull this unit out and your electrical faults are cured, i'll eat my hat!" I've since spoken to this engineer to ask him what sauce he had with that!!!

They recon that lots for these unit's were recalled and Dension are aware of the fault. I have a replacement being installed on Thursday. Fingers crossed, all will be well as the thought of going back to CD is horrific!