View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 06 BMW 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stream
The part lists for $71 (at lease back in June) and I got a 10% BMWCCA discount, so I paid $64. The aux input install instructions (see beginning of my first post above) say 1 hour install time, so I have no idea where your dealer is getting that "it tells him to quote the customer $260." My dealer charged me 1 hour labor ($140). Why don't you show the dealer the install instructions, and ask him to show you where "it" says $260?
He was saying something that since I have navigation, it could take a while, and he's seen an aux install go to 3~4 hours before. I wonder if they take their time on purpose and charge for 2 hours when they can be diligent about it and do it in one. Sucks because it's not like you can stand there and watch them so that they finish it one hour.

This aux input is going to cost me the price of another ipod itself. I found the install instructions from one of your earlier posts by the way. I'll go in and see what they say with install instructions in hand.

Thanks.