View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 PM
CF-R ///M3

Mein Auto: '02 M3 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce
Opinion or fact? You state opinion, I state fact. Just because it is written or on the internet it must be true right? There are lots of media outlets that like to jump on the "BMW sucks" bandwagon. I like the E60, I prefer the E39.
Look, I'm not going to get into that the "Opinion or fact" with you as I've qualified what I've said in this thread. My reference was made regarding the new design of the 5 series and how that affected marketshare/sales, and a part of an analogy to the new design of the potential M3. The point being in the earlier part of the thread that BMW wasn't "stupid" and maybe/maybe not having learned from the design issues (e.g., granny glasses headlights, etc.). Regarding "stated opinion" versus your so-called "fact", you can quote what you want. My reference wasn't just internet stuff, I was basing my comments on my opinion and that of many others who don't like the design, but regarding the 5-series and drop of sales, I would hardly call the Wall Street Journal reporting on this as pure speculation or "opinion". If you like the E39 that's fine, I've never been inclined to own either a E39 or a E60. For sedans I'll take a Benz or Audi.

Gerard

ESS CFR500
///M3 'Vert
429 WHP, 321 WTQ, 6.5 PSI, 100% Stock Exhaust, Pump