View Single Post
Old 10-25-2002, 06:09 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Thumbs up M Roadster Wheel Repair

I saw an add on Toadfly for a set of '00 M roadster wheels (with some tire left) so I picked them up. That's the good news. The bad news was one of the fronts was scratched (but not gouged) on the rim and on the spokes and while washing them, some jack@ss (that would be me) let one roll away and fall shiny side down on the gravel in the alley making nice pits in the finish So that's 2 wheels screwed - add to that the curb rash I put on one of the '01s wheels at Bimmerfest 2002 of all places, and I've got 3 wheels with gotchas

Not to worry. Onsite Wheel Reconditioning to the rescue. I had them come over the day we did the HACK Tech Session 3.5. The guy's name is Son Tran and he does work for Symbolic Motors (exotic car boutique), BMW of Beverly Hills, works on Ferraris, Lambos, Maserattis, etc. Coming to your place is a great convenience, sometimes he can do the work while the wheel is still on the car and his pricing is great as well. I've called quite a few places to ask about M Roadster wheel repair and I got a lot of "we can't match the paint". No problem for Son.

Here is some of the scratches on the '00 front wheel I bought. Unfortunately, the pic does not show all the scratches that were on the spokes (but the next pic will show where he polished)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frontscratches.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	4354  
Photo gallery

Last edited by scottn2retro; 11-20-2002 at 12:17 PM.
Ads by Google