View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 335i - Ti Silver
lets see.
Congrats on your accomplishments btw.

My thinking.. Before i max out my 401k for the year. Im bringing home approximately 45% of my Gross. thats it. After i max out my 401k for the year, i bring home closer to 60%, but I still try and make over 15% in investment during those months. Actually i try to invest more than 20%.

So lets just say you bring home 55% of 100k. Thats around $4600 month. I suppose thats do-able depending on your lifestyle. For me, i like to live in a decent place, go out with my girlfriend to nice places, go on vacations, and also, most importantly; be retired at 55. I would hate to be 70 and driving my e46 to my WalMart greeters job!!!

bottom line, no one can make the decision but you. But in the big scheme of things, its just a car. and, cars come last in my book. that being said, im just wating for the right time to get one for myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD
I bought an M3 but I am doing a residency and making only $42K a year...but next year I will be making 100K+ So I don't think it be a horrible choice but i am also living in Iowa where housing is dirt cheap and I am singe and 25. I feel comfortable with the payments, even though it is a 1/3rd of my salary each month for this year....I feel if I got in over my head I can always sell the car...is this thinking flawed?

Last edited by Ventoux; 04-18-2006 at 07:36 PM.