Thread: E39 Faq
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 07:25 PM
You Lick It, You Own It

Send a message via ICQ to chivas Send a message via AIM to chivas
Mein Auto: 98 540i/6
Tires

God, where do i begin with this... tires are like girls. everyone's got the favorite and no matter how hot the other girl is, someone will never defer from their tried-and-true girl. with that being said, here's some thread for you to think about.

Best Tire thread

Review on Toyo Proxy 4's

New kid on the block: Fusion

the thing with tires is what are you looking for? max performance all the way or give or take some? i'm running Michelin A/S's because I live in NJ and the weather is like my gf's attitude: unpredictable. We can have a warm front in November and out of no where a snow storm and back to a warm spell so I personally use A/S tires to be better prepared for this.

if you live in TX or FL or SoCal where snow is something you see on TV and read in books, max performance tires would be your Huckleberry. i wouldn't run anything but max performance if i lived there. remember, these are strictly my opinion and some still would run A/S because it does snow in Dallas I hear.

read sagaciously and just remember: you and everyone in your car's life is on those 4 tiny patches of rubber.

It takes a lot of work to be lazy.