Thread: E46 vs E90
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 AM
In vino veritas

Mein Auto: German Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubSpec330i
E46 M3 is a great car but more of a GT cruiser.
Why is it that only E46 M3 owners (and former E46 M3 owners) seem to realize this?

Back on topic:

The reason for the start button is simple: to allow cars with the comfort access option to start without designing and producing two seperate ignition systems. Some of the strange ergonomic features of the E90 make sense if your car has the right options. I suspect that comfort access will eventually become standard as the E90 line matures.

Nevertheless, there are still things that I don't like...for example, the window switches being placed on the driver's door instead of the center console. Why? Ever notice that the driver side door doesn't even have a handle bar...that it was apparently removed to allow access to the window switches? Why not just leave them where they were?

And I don't like the new turn signal stalk, or the cruise control stalk in place of the buttons that the E46 used. Whereas the climate control system (for one) is greatly improved, other things have gotten worse. It's as though BMW was trying to reinvent the wheel with some of these "innovations."