View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 AM
M SICK

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW M6, 2003 BMW M5
Exclamation No dice

Hello,
I just wanted to chime in on this topic. To my knowledge, BMW Individual IS NOT available to North American customers, period. My sales guy held a very high corpoprate position at BMW in Germany and he is very knowledgeable about NA operations. I had pressed him many times and I know he would have done this for me if he could have. He repeatedly told me it was not possible. The dealers I know in the Chicago area are having a hard enough time getting the production version of this car. A very high volume dealer in the Metro area has only taken delivery of ONE so far There is a silverstone one at the Orland Park Dealership in the south Chicago suburbs for anyone interested. I realize that they cater to Cali, Fl, TX for these cars so perhaps they would be willing to do something for you that they would not do for me. However, I would be very surprised if this were the case.

This conversation is entirely different if you are talking about aftermarket individualization. There are a variety of high end places in Cali, Fl, and NY that can "pimp your ride" but this is not the same as having the car produced the way you want it from BMW Individual. I hope this information has been helpful. Take care and good luck