View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: Soon to be X3
The values already entered, as it says in the notes in the upper right corner, were for a 2006 X3.

I have now updated the sheet so that it's easier to enter your specific options and their prices (which can be found elsewhere in Bimmerfest, usually a sticky in the section for your model). I wanted to set up the sales tax as a calculation, but there are two problems - one is that different states tax differently (some on entire cap cost, others on payments, etc.) and the other is that I wasn't able to figure out what our tax (MN) was based on (I forgot to ask when we went back to the dealer - hopefully that wasn't a place where they would mess around and hide profit for the dealer!)

I've attached the updated sheet. It would be nice if there was a listing of how each state calculates tax, so people could easily enter their taxes into this sheet.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions. Let me know if there is anything else that could be improved.

BTW, my husband and I used this on our laptop as we sat in the sales manager's office making our final deal on Saturday (yay! ) - it was really helpful to be able to run numbers ourselves right there in the office and clearly see what kind of deal we were negotiating. We pick up our X3 in Munich on August 18th!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bmwEDcalcs.pdf (33.5 KB, 698 views)