BMW Should Be Ashamed
Thank's for the instructions, my wife has a 2003 530i with 54K miles and her blower stopped working entirely. Here's a little story.
The A/C stopped blowing air and I hadn't gotten the BMW manual for it yet so I took it in to the dealership and I figured it would probably just be a simple electrical relay .
They called my wife back telling her ;
1) $440 to fix the blower,
2) The A/C wasn't as cold as it should be and they needed to replace the dryer - $790
3) The plastic components (bushings) of her suspension were cracking and they could fail if she hit a pothole - $825
4) Her fuel filter needed to be replaces - $325
5) They recommended a fuel injector cleaning - $350
6) Her tires were feathering and she needed a 4 wheel alignment - $350
I went online and found your instructions on how to replace the blower relay. It took 15 minutes to replace and cost $100 for the part. Everything works fine and all the other items were BS not to mention 2 to 3 times what they should be charging for the services.
For once crime didn't pay.
Oh yeah I forgot, they charged her $135 to tell her how they were going to rip her off. I ordered the manuals yesterday.
Last edited by plockj; 07-19-2006 at 12:45 PM.