View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to DBU
Mein Auto: A rare Mystic Blue 530
Rolf's Vacation relief

Sigrid was awesome. I missed a connection in Chicago and was 28 hours late - and she was still there!! (Well, I did call her from Chicago, but still )
Due to the missed connection, I arrived without my luggage. It takes a while before you realise that you, and the other 25 people still waiting at the luggage carousel are SOL, so I was well over an hour late before I met her outside. Meantime, she had called my US cell phone (which does not work in EUR) AND the ED center to let them know I was running late.

When I later entered the ED center with Sigrid, I was greeted by a "Oh, Mr. Petersen - we have been expecting you."

When I told Sigrid about my luggage voes, she gave me a big hug. This was Friday afternoon, and I was about to miss the delivery before the ED center closed for the weekend. Man - that 7-series diesel can move. I think we hit 250 km/hr with Sigrid gesturing and demonstrating real time traffic info on her NAV and only keeping one hand on the steering wheel. Frankly, I didn't mind - felt completely safe and comfortable.
And, no she refused my tip for the extra trouble.
We love you, Sigrid!
Munich Pick Up: 6/22/06 -- Dingolfing: 6/23/06 -- Drop Off: 7/12/06 -- Aboard M/V "Green Point" with ETA Port Hueneme 8/16/06 - Redelivery: 9/1/06 - De-badged 1/1/07

Hers: 2007 X3 3.0Si