View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW M3 Topaz/Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by knmol

To turpiwa and EvilM3 - not sure if you are refering to my spreadsheet, but if you are --
I recommend taking the spreadsheet with you on a laptop and getting the dealer to account for every single number that goes into it. That is what I did, and how I got this spreadsheet to where it is - when I was done going over each number with the finance person, she and I had exactly the same numbers input and were getting the exact same numbers on the back end. (She was using the BMWFS system, so it should be the same everywhere.) Also double check how taxes are handled - I did this lease in Minnesota, which requires the dealer to pay the taxes up front, though many people spread it out in the payments (we chose to pay it up front). Assuming you know how taxes are handled by your dealer, and you have the right calculation for taxes, everything else in this spreadsheet should give you the same numbers the dealer has, assuming they are telling you everything.
I was actually referring the to spreadsheet that was posted before yours but I will give yours a try. THanks.