View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaz View Post
FWIW my dealer's service tech today quoted me $1000 for labor. He agreed that the bulletin prices were correct for parts ($ 319 if harness required) but said removing the CD player and installing the Ipod harness requires them to "re-order" the car. He indicated this is a 5 hour complete reprogramming of the vehicle. Also said if they were "re-ordering" the car for another reason such as a recall problem that this would not be able to be bundled in with that. Either this was not planned very well or he didn't get the plan.
Find another dealer.

Attached is the iPod interface install instructions. Install time is 0.75 hours, excluding coding.

While it's true that coding the car can take 5 hours, and also can take a day or 2 if it freezes during the process, the coding process does not require a tech to watch and wait while the coding takes place. In other words, once the coding process is initiated, the tech can work on another item on your car, or on another car, so you should not be charged for the total hours it takes to code the car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iPod interface install.pdf (234.2 KB, 5725 views)