View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stream View Post
Good info--thanks

What happens if you have more than 255 albums or artists? Does it only display the first 255 in alphabetical order?

When you're in the artist category, does it list the albums, then songs within album (like the iPod hierarchy)?

Any chance you could scan & post the users manual?
If there are more than 255 Albums or Artists, it only shows the first 255. For example, I have 372 artists on my iPod, but I can only see up through "Nelly Furtado". This isn't a big deal for me (since I use playlists a lot -- I have too much music!), but the 500 songs limit is a bummer.

When you select an artist, it displays all songs for that artist, not by album like on the iPod.

Also, to clarify my earlier comment on the delay to "cache" info from the iPod: When I go to "MP3 2" (aka Artists), it takes nearly 1 minute to load the info off of my iPod and put it into the menu. However, then I can scroll quickly through the first 255 entries. However, returning to the menu after the initial load is much faster. The other display options (MP3 1 - Playlists, MP3 3 - Albums, etc) have similar load times, but returning is better. As I said, this is a LOT better than my Pioneer head unit.