View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbjor View Post
If there are more than 255 Albums or Artists, it only shows the first 255. For example, I have 372 artists on my iPod, but I can only see up through "Nelly Furtado". This isn't a big deal for me (since I use playlists a lot -- I have too much music!), but the 500 songs limit is a bummer.

When you select an artist, it displays all songs for that artist, not by album like on the iPod.

Also, to clarify my earlier comment on the delay to "cache" info from the iPod: When I go to "MP3 2" (aka Artists), it takes nearly 1 minute to load the info off of my iPod and put it into the menu. However, then I can scroll quickly through the first 255 entries. However, returning to the menu after the initial load is much faster. The other display options (MP3 1 - Playlists, MP3 3 - Albums, etc) have similar load times, but returning is better. As I said, this is a LOT better than my Pioneer head unit.
Oh My! I have over 800 artists, 1200 albums and 9,000 songs. If I understand you correctly, the 60 gb iPod can easily handle it but the I-Drive can't. I'm thinking I may as well continue using the AUX path with the iPod directory rather than forking out big bucks for the I-Drive connection.
2007, 550i, Jet Black, beige dakota interior, Sport package, Navigation, 7-logic premium sound w/6 cd changer, Sirius, Bluetooth perfectly paired with 7100i Nextel (Sprint) Blackberry, Sunshades (This is Arizona)