View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stream View Post
Below is a link to a post by a member of another forum who installed the iPod interface himself. Used in conjunction with the BMW install instructions in my post above should make this an easy DIY (except for some of us who have to wait for the retrofit software due to the production date of our cars ).

iPod interface DIY install instructions
Thanks Stream for posting this. It actually looks like it's easy enough for me to install. But one thing that's confusing me is in a previous post of yours, you talk about the install taking .75 hours, but coding can take up to 5 hours. The BMW install instructions also state you need to do coding. But in the DIY instructions you posted, he didn't do coding and it worked fine.

So is coding necessary or just some kind of precautionary step that's not actually required? I'd love to do this myself, but don't want to find out once it's too late that coding is necessary. Thanks.
Before that: 1988 528e 6 speed manual

Yep, I LUV the 5 Series!