View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 02:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tine View Post
Its appeaance looks most similar to Volvo XC90 & Porsche Cayenne. Yet the styling is nicer. Not so bloated as Cayenne's, and not so angular as XC90's. Mercedes-Benz ML looks much taller & boxish, while Audi Q7 looks (and is) much longer, and a lower - more cossover-ish (more like a HUGE A6 Avant).

And, yes - it looks (and indeed is) bigger than E53: especally lenght & width. It appears less box-ish than E53. Also it looks lower - since the proportions are changed (longer, wider, but same height).

But do not worry - since similar lines E70 doesn't look alien vs E53. Still I had no hard times mistaking E70 for E53 - the change in styling & size is quite prominent IRL. But definitely not alien!
For some reason I always thought that (at least visually) the XC90 is the smallest amongst the ML, Q7 and Cayenne. When you say "bigger" than E53, I hope you don't mean huge. I hope the E70 won't be too big visually. I've seen the Q7 in person, it looks pretty low amongst the XC90, ML and Cayenne although it is quite long. Is the E70 lower than the Q7?

Tine, two more questions for you, will you be worried if you are going to buy the initial batch of the E70? Is it better to wait till Jan 07?