View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrive View Post
For some reason I always thought that (at least visually) the XC90 is the smallest amongst the ML, Q7 and Cayenne. When you say "bigger" than E53, I hope you don't mean huge. I hope the E70 won't be too big visually. I've seen the Q7 in person, it looks pretty low amongst the XC90, ML and Cayenne although it is quite long. Is the E70 lower than the Q7?

Tine, two more questions for you, will you be worried if you are going to buy the initial batch of the E70? Is it better to wait till Jan 07?
No, E70 do not look huge against E53. Bigger - yes, but not huge.

Q7 definitely looks lower than E70. And much longer!

Regarding initial bunch: engines are proved since they have been used in other models for quite a long time; suspension is a copy of 7-series' suspension - so it is also proved; xDrive - proved; DTC+: proved - since it debuted in E90 3-series; active steering: proved; HUD: proved; gearbox: proved (debuted in facelifted Z4 3.0si).

Since there is almost no completely new tech used in E70, I'm sure the car will have extremely low number of defects. Also BMW's quality control is much more strict today.

Like I said: E70 looks like merging Cayenne & XC90 together. E70 have very nice proportions. Especially due bigger width.