View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 AM
The best BMW ever!

Mein Auto: BMW 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspira View Post
4-Series. Nice compilation but let me explain why this is not quite as simple as it seems.

Each phone has a variety of firmware levels and sometimes only certain levels work with the car. On the car side of the house, there are different PROGMAN levels as well and these have a similar impact.

Further, as I have found out while testing upwards of 25 mobiles in the past few weeks, sometimes a mobile will work only to stop working. BMW engineers confirm that this is not unusual and that it is necessary to test a phone-car combination over multiple connection cycles.

All good points. I thought about adding the firmware levels but then I did not have the time or the energy I tried to focus on results people posted with recent (most up to date firmwares?) and reasonable recent BMW BT systems (9/05 and later where i could). I just was not able to find a comprehensive list anywhere online and wanted to start one.

I open for suggestions to improve this as i mentioned above and i have a feeling you can add a lot to it Let me know your thoughts.