View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 335i - Ti Silver
No, manual isnt an option. She wont even drive the SMG.
The whole logistics and "why" issues are more complicated than i wanted to get into here. A trunk is actually inadequate for what i do. Ive always used an SUV, so i thought a somewhat sporty wagon may be a decent compromise. Im in sales, and there is an issue of appearance. Some people look at sales people(specifically my industry) driving $40k Bimmers with disdain. While they never think twice about sales people in a $50k Tahoe or whatver. Like i said, there are a miriad of reasons im considering all this horror...

I should have just asked how the S4 compares, whats Tiptronic like, etc...my bad, and thanks for all the feedback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBread View Post
I gather from the SMG and auto S4 reference that a manual isn't an option? If it were, and E39 M5 would be more enjoyable than the S4 while still retaining some M-car sportiness.

The idea of a used 300c or Magnum as a business car would also be preferable to the Audi. My wife drives an A4 and I've driven a few B6 S4's, and they're great for incliment weather or a torquey car, but I wouldn't personally replace an M3 with one.

Last edited by Ventoux; 12-04-2006 at 01:36 PM.