View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Stimulus Package

Mein Auto: 2002 530i
There's a fuse that controls the blower motor, but it's in a godawful difficult place to get at. It's such a pain in the ass to find and get out that I almost think it's easier to replace the FSR first (though not cheaper).

The fuse is in a little two-fuse box up behind the glove box. You have to pull out the plastic cover under the glove box, open the glove box, then reach around behind it (you won't see it looking through the glove box). It's up about as far as you can possibly reach, and it's hard to even see it even if you lay on your back in the footwell and look up with a flashlight. I believe it's the rear fuse in this box (i.e., the one closest to you while pulling it out). Note that the fuses are upright in this box, which means you have to push/pull the fuse up even further to get it out, rather than pulling it down.

90%+ of the time, though, the problem is the FSR. If you're getting anything at all out of the vents, it's likely not the fuse.
2002 530i | Black/sand | Rondell Style 81s: 18x8.5 Front 18x10 Rear | Koni FSD | Eibach Pro-Kit | Zimmerman X-Drilled Rotors | Axxis Deluxe+ Brake Pads | StopTech SS Brake Lines | 50w 6000k Xenon Lows/LED Fogs/Phillips Luxeon LED DRLs | Angel i Brights v3.0 | Solaris Invisibulbs | Shadowline Trim | ///M5 Trunk Lip Spoiler | 35% Madico Tint | Dynavin D99+ ///M3Evolution | Backup camera | Intake Muffler, Front Plate, Badge & Cup/Coinholder Delete | Klasse AIO+SG