View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 X5
I sure hope you have gotten a security system installed. One of the things I learned from days as an "urban pioneer" is that they will come in and take the small stuff and take inventory of the larger things. Once done, they will be back to pick up the bigger things as soon as they have arranged a buyer. Typical break-in time used to be around 11 am. and always in the winter when there were fewer folks on the street. I sure would be building the layers (alarm, good doors, windows and locks - bars if necessary, a dog if you want a new member in your family) to keep them out since they had no reluctance in coming in while your family was home.

I would keep in close contact with my neighbors and trade numbers and let them know when you are gone and if you are expecting any guests. Your town may even have a Neighborhood Watch program. Those can be helpful as some times the cops will come in and tell you how to add simple security measures to slow them down. And that is the issue. You can slow them down, but you cannot keep them from coming in.

Course there is a reason I have a 380 in a concealed pocket of my bag. Stuff is stuff and can always be replaced.

Once again, I sure am glad to hear your wife is safe. Take good care of you and yours.
~n

Last edited by Na Na; 01-16-2007 at 04:36 AM. Reason: .